bintec elmeg Webfilter
The bintec elmeg Webfilter is a cloud-based Internet filtering and malware mitigation technology for businesses, schools and local Government. It requires no additional hardware or software and is easily integrated with bintec elmeg access devices.
The bintec elmeg Webfilter is a cloud-based Internet filtering and malware mitigation technology for businesses, schools and local Government. The bintec elmeg Webfilter requires no additional hardware or software and is easily integrated with bintec elmeg access devices. Access to webfilter management interface is based on HTTPS. In just 15 minutes, the Webfilter can be switched-on providing high-service availability.
About webfilter technology
The bintec elmeg Webfilter cloud runs on geographically diverse server farms, providing high service availability and low latency, HTTPS-based access to the management interface allows ubiquitous, remote, and secure connection from administrators. Filtering is implemented using DNS technology which has an unperceivable impact on the internet performance of end users. The bintec elmeg Webfilter only needs to inspect the very small DNS packets which precede the user-requested data transfer process. There is no subsequent delay to data downloads. The bintec elmeg Webfilter automatically identifies content categories being accessed by users and makes it easy to define filtering rules. Rules can be created to monitor or block activity, and an activity log is kept for 6 months. Filtering rules can be set by time of day and day of the week and can be varied for different user communities. The bintec elmeg Webfilter can also automatically block attempts to access known malware sites, ransomware sites or sites in any country deemed to be associated with a specific threat. Unintended blocking can be resolved efficiently (several alternatives) to support a ‘frustration-free’ user experience.
- Global cloud-based service
- Geo diverse servers for 99,5% availability and low latency
- Easy to use blacklist and whitelist access control
- Protection from malware, ransomware and geo-related threats
- False positives < 0,1%
- 24 x 7 service monitoring & professional support
- Multi-language support
Efficient operations and control
The bintec elmeg Webfilter provides a web-based management interface allowing a centralized IT support team to control multiple networks for multiple customers fast and e?ciently.
- Data Packet Latency: 0ms (zero - no impact)
- DNS Packet Latency: Typically 10-50ms
- Cloud availability: 99,9% (excludes your local connection)
- Hardware deployed: None
- Software deployed: None
- Set-up time: Typically 15 minutes
- Support: Trouble ticket system or according yourbintec elmeg partner contract
- Quick Start Guide: Yes
- Pricing Model: Pricing is set on numbers of concurrent users. Unlimited total users
- License Terms: 1 and 3 years
- Language support: English, Italian, German, Spanish, Portuguese, Russian
- Content Control: 54 content categories, 0,1% false positives
- Blacklist - customization: Yes. Provides additional recommendations on alternative blocks to achieve desired mitigation (eg specific CDN'S, related domains to consider, etc.)
- Whitelist: Yes
- App Control: Yes. Control of App's as well as domains and IP addresses
- Safe Search: Yes. Google, BING, YouTube
- Peer-to-peer: Extension planned Q3 2017
- Geo blocking: Exclude high risk countries or build walled garden of safe countries to surf
- Threat Control: Ransomware, Virus, Trojans, Botnets & others
- Illegal Control: Illegal sexual activities, drugs, software piracy, copyright infringements (music, video, etc.)
- Actions: Block, monitor, log, schedule (see next)
- Scheduling: Scheduling of access policy can be varied automatically by time of day, day of the week for each content category
- History: 6 months
- User Requested Over-rides: Process approval and password forms of unblocking
The filter supports 54 categories.
Manually configurable lists in order to prohibit (blacklist) or allow (whitelist) specific websites.
Flexible definition of time intervals. Filtering by time of day, weekday etc.
Websites can be blocked due to their geographical location.
Extensive monitoring and statistics. Allowed requests, blocked requests, requests per time interval, requests per country etc.
Filters images and videos of Google, BING, Youtube
Static / dynamic IP-adresses
The registration of the webfilter service is possible for WAN connections with static and as well with dynamic IP addresses.
IPv4 / IPv6
The filer can be used in IPv4 and IPv6 networks.
OthersRequired hardware for the license small/medium
be.IP-Serie, RSxx3-Serie, R1202, RT1202, RXL12x00, W1001n, W1003n, W2003-, WI1003n, WO-Serie with version 10.1.27.p4 or higher
Required Hardware for the license large
RXL12x00 with version 10.1.27.p4 or higher